KEPCO E&C has many records in substation construction business, which supplies the electricity generated at the power stations to the industry and households, which are the end users. We performed outdoor substation facility GIS engineering, indoor substation standardization design, making 756kV substation design standards, 765kV Shinanseong and Shinseosan substation design service, 230kV Switchyard design, and materials and equipment supply in the Philippines, and 500kV substation turnkey construction at Ilijan, the Philippines.
154kV Indoor GIS Design Standardization Service
- Project Period: July 1996 – December 1996
- Project Details : We aimed at constructing the latest substation, which not just improves the functions of the facilities and building, but perfect disaster prevention functions and in harmony with contemporary architecture aesthetic. To this end, we collected the recent status of indoor power stations and most recent specifications of various devices from foreign countries (USA, Japan, France, etc.). Based on this, we decided transformer, 170kV GIS, 25.8kV GIS, standardization of monitoring control facilities, and optimal layout of devices, and suggested large city, general, and industrial complex type standards.
345kV Sinjincheon S/S Construction Work [Bird's-eye view of the 345kV Indoor type GIS Substation]
- Project Period : December 2001 – June 2003
- Substation Mode : 345kV/154kV Outdoor GIS (Gas Insulated Switchgear) Type
- Substation Size : M.Tr: 345/161/23kV 1 Phase 166.7MVA, F.O.W x 7 Sets (2 Bank : 6 Sets + Spare Phase : 1 Set)
Construction Design Service for 765kV Shinanseong & Shinseosan Substation [Bird's-eye view of the 765kV GIS Substation]
- Project Period : December 1999 – April 2002
- Substation Mode : Outdoor Full GIS (Gas Insulated Switchgear) Type
- Substation Size : 765kV T/L (8 Circuits), 345kV T/L (12 Circuits), 765kV M.Tr (2000 MVA x 5 Banks)
Construction of 500kV Switchyard of Combined Cycle Power at Ilijan, the Philippines [Ilijan 500kV Substation project, Philippines]
- Project Period: February 2000 – September 2001
- Project Details: The 500kV substation inside the 1200MW Combined Cycle Power Plant constructed in the Ilijan, the Philippines, is performed in turnkey. It is also Korea’s first EPC performance for the overseas 500kV class substation facility. We have performed 500kV Switchyard 2 Bay (Outdoor Steel Type, 1.5 Shut-off Mode), and auxiliary facility construction including control building, switchboard & communication equipments, lighting, and grounding. We also fulfilled materials and equipment procurement, test, test operation, and supplied reserve materials for substation operation.
Engineering Service for ARAMCO Switchyard and Supplying Materials and Equipment for Saudi Arabia
- Project Period: February 2004 – January 2009
- Project Details: It is the biggest overseas substation project that KEPCO E&C has obtained and the first EP (Engineering & Procurement) project in the Middle East. We have performed engineering of power plant power system related facility, procurement of materials and equipment, test, test operation, and construction support.
Based on the substation design and construction supervision experience at home and abroad, the company implemented protection switchgear (bus, breaker failure protection), relocation and renovation construction of substations in power plants. This has not only facilitated the improvement of newly-established substation design, but also secured technology advantage in existing substation renovation enabling the business areas in the substation field.
- Relocation and renovation of 345kV substation protection relay panel of Incheon Thermal Power Plant
- Relocation and renovation of 345kV substation protection relay panel of Samcheonpo Thermal Power Plant
- Relocation and renovation of West Seoul 345kV substation protection relay panel
- Control design service of dedicated facility configuration for Dangjin T/P Switchyard
Supply of Electricity Power
Construction Project for Low Pressured Spot Network Systems
Project Details : This system is applied in high-assurance distribution systems used in advanced countries, such as America and Japan. The company successfully implemented from design to construction supervision in ; low pressured Spot Network System of 4 Banks 1 System that enables UPS (uninterrupted Power Supply) from Radar Power Supply System, a distribution power system of existing facility constructed first time in Korea and improved reliability and stability of power supply systems, and established new independent technology of both high-assurance and distribution system.
- Construction technological services for low pressured Spot Network Systems : February 2001
- December 2002 Second phase construction technological services for low pressured Spot Network Systems : February 2004- December 2005